[Hey, gorgeous! Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission for referring you at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support! Click here to view my disclosure policy.]
Holy grail. Whew, what a term. In the beauty world, a holy grail product is a person’s absolute fave. It’s one of their ride-or-die, can’t-live-without-it products. These things are made of angel kisses and fairy dust.
I’m still currently in Wisconsin visiting my boyfriend, but Holy Grail products are never left behind. What are yours? These are mine:
1. NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator in Sunbeam – after I wash and prime my skin, the next thing I do is take a pea sized amount of the illuminator and rub it into my entire cheekbone area. This will give my face a youthful glow from within without going overboard or looking greasy. I love it because it’s so subtle yet makes a world of a difference.
2. Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer in Ultra Light – this baby is rumored to be a dupe for Kat Von D’s Tattoo Concealer. This stuff goes on smoothly, is full coverage, and doesn’t crease. It does, in fact, cover up tattoos if that’s what you’re wanting to use it for! Hands down, the best concealer I’ve ever used… and you can get it at Walmart!
3. L.A Girl Pro Concealers and Color Correctors – these are a staple in beauty bags all over the globe and for good reason. They work like a dream and are very inexpensive! I use the yellow under my eyes, and the green in various places to counteract redness. I take the Porcelain concealer and I mix it with Espresso to create the perfect contour color for my skin tone. Blend everything out with a beauty blender and you’re all set!
4. Too Faced Love Flush Blush in Love Hangover – the color of this blush is perfect for my pale skin. Perfectly peachy, and the powder itself smells like sweet tarts. I always end up getting the mini size for some reason, but they’re well loved. Eventually, I’ll get the big one and I won’t blow through it as fast! You can try their blushes and liquid lipsticks in a set like this one.
I live for memes and minis!
5. Colourpop Highlighter in Stole The Show – after I went on a mini Colourpop shopping spree, I swatched a bunch of their highlighters and posted about them. Since then, Stole The Show has become my most-used out of the 4 I got. It’s golden and warm; I feel it suits my skin tone well. It has literally stolen the show!
6. Jouer Liquid Lipstick in Papaye – this is the color that drove beauty gurus crazy a while back. I was lucky enough to track it down and boy is it gorgeous! If I apply it straight out of the tube and onto my lips as I do regular lipsticks, it’s too metallic. I tend to take a little bit on a brush and use it over another color. It’s quite unique and oh I love it so!
7. Airspun Loose Face Powder in Translucent Extra Coverage – back in June, I mentioned this stuff in a blog post. It’s a good dupe for the Laura Mercier powder and you can find it at Walmart, too! It’s great for baking and setting my makeup.
8. NYX Eyebrow Gel in Blonde – I’ve used so many eyebrow products over the years. I even had one of the popular pomades that I wasn’t in love with. This is the perfect color for my brows although I’m not a blonde. It looks natural and is incredibly easy to work with using an angled brush. You need very little so this tube has lasted me, and will last me, forever!
9. Almay Liquid Liner in Black – searching high and low for an “upscale brand” eyeliner that works as well as this one is no easy task. It stays put and allows me to create the purrfect cat eye. It won’t smear during normal activities but if you cry or love to dance in the rain, you may be in trouble. As for me, though, I love it!
10. Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette – click here to see my full review on this palette. I’ve loved it since I got it and I use it every single day that I wear makeup! It’s the perfect matte naturals palette and the color combinations are absolute perfection.
These 10 treasures give me major heart eyes, and I can’t wait to discover more amazing items over the years. Got any recommendations? What beauty items do you hold dear?