I live for that fresh laundry smell. How can we keep fresh smelling laundry for a little longer?
Using Downy Unstopables or Gain Fireworks was a serious gamechanger or me in the scent department. My laundry smelled so delicious that it made my entire house smell delicious. Those babies are too expensive for me to continue using as much as I’d like, that’s the problem.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- a bottle of fabric softener (apple mango tango is my favorite– but not what I had on hand at the time of this post!)
- 2 full size sponges, cut in halves
- a jar or container with a lid
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- fill up your container with fabric softener
- plop your sponge pieces in the container
- toss one in your dryer with your laundry!
- when your load is finish, stick it back in your container of fabric softener until next time!
I’ve been doing this for a year, and a full bottle of fabric softener lasts anywhere between 6-8 months in our house. One bottle of Downy Unstopables lasted a little over a month… huge difference!
I personally don’t squeeze the excess out of the sponge before tossing it in the dryer… I love having super scented laundry.
We get compliments all the time! “What laundry detergent do you use? It smells so lovely!” They also comment about the smell of our house… doing this has definitely spruced up our “homely” scent. You know… everybody’s got a “homely” scent! 🙂