Sam’s Note: So, you’ve got about a month to get all of your decorations up for Halloween. Are you unsure of where to start? Does the time crunch leave you feeling like a dead man? You know I’d never leave you hangin’ 😉 Today’s ghoulish guest post is brought to you by the lovely Jessica LaPinta from My Peace Love Life!
7 Ways to Get Your House Halloween Ready
The Halloween Season is upon us!
Cult Classic Horror Films, the Monster Mash, Blood, and Haunted Houses are here! I am so excited!!! Is your house ready? Well, here I have for you my 7 tips for making your house Halloween ready! Yaaaay!
So turn on the music, get in the Halloween Spirit, and start decorating!
During Halloween you absolutely must have at least one candy dish sitting around!
For something very different and cool looking, I use record bowls!
Check out how groovy they look!
Fake spiders and skulls are great, inexpensive ways to add a little spooky-ness to your house!
I bought this skull (the eyes light up and change colors!) at Dollar General a couple years ago after Halloween was over, for only $5.00, and my husband bought a pack of fake spiders this year at Dollar Tree for only a dollar!
This is one of my favorite ways to decorate for Halloween, because they are so versatile! You can put them on your bed, on your couch, or even on a chair! Take a look!
I hand paint these great sheet sets, and you can purchase them starting at only $49.99!
Holographic Halloween Photos!
I don’t care if these things are cheesy, I love them!
We have three of these in our house! We bought two of them at Dollar Tree for a dollar each, and I bought the other one at a flea market.
Etsy is also great place to find creepy paintings and prints!
I love this little guy! He’s super creepy, and super cool!-Get a tall lamp stand, and take the light bulb and shade off of it.
-Get a long dress or nightgown (I had this when I worked at the Factory of Terror. I got it at Goodwill for a couple bucks after Halloween was over a couple years ago).
-Leave the dress on the hanger, and hang it over the lamp stand.
-Get any mask that you have laying around (believe it or not, we already had this mask!), and place it over the top of the lamp stand, so that it covers the hanger.And there is your super cool and super creepy standing figure!
Me and my husband are both very kooky people, so we used a lot of items that we just happened to have laying around; they weren’t even originally for Halloween decorations!
So take a look at some of the things we found and used for our decorations, and see if you have anything similar laying around that you can use, or think of your own original and crazy ideas!
- Mannequin Heads– I own two mannequin heads. Don’t ask me why, but I love them! I use them when I’m vending at a festival to show off my headbands, and I just leave them around the house ‘cuz I think they look cool!
You can find mannequin heads at beauty supply stores, or get one from someone who attended cosmetology school.
- Old Suitcases– I got mine at a thrift store, and my sister bought me one from a vintage store. They were already out in my living room, so I just put a mannequin head, a fake hand, and some fake cobwebs on it to make it look creepy and old.
- Fake Cobwebs– There is no easier way to Halloween-ify a room than with fake spiderwebs! We bought a pack at Dollar Tree for only one dollar! And that one pack went far! Just pull it apart, and put it everywhere!
- Old Dried Roses– I dry all the flowers that my husband gets me, and they look great put into a vase and set out with all your Halloween stuff.
- Black Roses– We used fake black roses for our wedding, so we just dug out those!
- Old Pictures
- Posters from haunted houses, bands, and concerts–I have posters from when I worked at a haunted house, and my Misfits poster that I mounted on an old frame.
Have a blast!
Peace Love and Halloween