She’s creepy and she’s kooky,
Mysterious and spooky,
She’s all together ooky,
la la la Wednesday Addams!
Fine, you caught me… that’s not how the Addam’s Family theme song goes; but today we’re going to lust after just Wednesday’s Addam’s style. While Wednesday isn’t normally sought after as a fashion icon, people like you and I enjoy the little hellion and we’re proud of it.
Wednesday Addams fashion inspiration boards have been done before, but this time is with a plus size twist. I am a chubby girl with “all the right junk in all the right places,” as Meghan Trainor would say.
Although I don’t really like referring to it as junk, and there’s no right or wrong place to store it, in my opinion. This post is for all the curvy, spooky babes out there.
I’m clearly a Polyvore noob, but at least give me a golden star sticker for trying! I thought I did a pretty good job. Lemme give you the low down:
My favorites as shown above:
- Mod Cloth’s Record Time dress in black; featuring a rounded peter pan collar and short sleeves. I’m in Texas, it’s June; it
will be a cold day in hell before I wear long sleeves in this weather.
- Mod Cloth’s Member of the Board heel in black – When replicating Wednesday’s look, Mary Jane’s are the way to go.
- Suspends Thriller tights in plus size – I love lingerie and I love the look of a garter peeking out just beneath the dress. This is the easier way to get the look without actually wearing a garter. But if you’re into garters and you’ve got one, by all means, go all out!
- Skull Black Jewel Ring – this ring is right up my alley
- BERRICLE Silver Black CZ stud earrings – These are dark, royal, and mysterious. What’s not to love?
Here are some plus size Wednesday dress alternatives! Not every dress fits every girl. These are some honorable mentions, in case you like these
a little more.
- ASOS Curve knitted skater dress with contrast collar – This one has a keyhole in the back, I’m not a fan of keyholes. I’m a zipper girl. Keyholes feel incomplete
- Mod Cloth’s Record Store Date dress in black – Ah, there’s my zipper. Is the same as the one in my Polyvore collage, but with a long-sleeve remix.
- ASOS New Look Inspire sleeveless dress with collar – This one has a pointed collar, not exactly the rounded Peter Pan shape. I bought this dress but returned it because it was too big on me.