Razors to the face. 🔪
My reasons for taking a razor to my face are purely superficial. Shaving your face not only removes the fuzz, but also exfoliates your skin. My favorite part: it helps your makeup glide on smooth. We’re talking airbrushed. ✨
Bubble-bursting myth: shaving absolutely does not cause your hair to grow back thicker, darker or fuller.
Professionally, shaving your face to remove dead skin and hair is called dermaplaning and is usually performed by a esthetician in a salon using a scalpel. It’s completely painless and quite satisfying to watch; check it out yourself by lurking the #dermaplaning hashtags on Instagram. They shed the skin like snakes do! 🐍
Why? The benefits of shaving your face include:
- A smooth, youthful glow: A good ol’ fashioned exfoliation that leaves your skin dewy and glowing.
- A flawless makeup application: The removal of peach gives way to a smoother service for your makeup application, without obstacles. No peach fuzz halo in your pictures. Any moisturizer or beauty serums you use will do a better job at penetrating your skin, too.
- Bonus: Have you noticed men age really well? I’m beginning to think the routine shaving might have something to do with that. It just makes sense.
Partly because I trust no person enough to get that close to my face with a blade, and the fact that I’m into the whole “Beauty on a Budget” thing, I shave my face at home, with my own two hands.
It’s Simple, I Swear
- Wash your face
- Pull your skin taut
- Gently, with the razor against your skin at a 45 degree angle…
- …stroke in short, downward motions everywhere you wish to shave. I do this all over my face
- Wash your face again
- Apply lotion. I love to use Cetaphil’s moisturizer (affiliate link).
- Don’t do this too often, once every 4 weeks or so will do!
Some important things to consider
If you’re allergic to nickel (as I am!) talk to a dermatologist about it first or test on a small patch on skin before going crazy. If you’re acne prone (as I am!) be very careful. If you’ve got moderate to severe acne, proceed with extreme caution and I highly encourage talking to a dermatologist before trying this at home!
An Even Quicker Start
These days, I’m a face-shaving veteran and I needed you to know how magical it was. Please remember to take all necessary precautions, and never touch a razor when you’re feeling particularly murderous.🔪
Enjoy your smooth sailing (and skin!), everyone. 🚤